There are no written rules or tricks to a successful and happy marriage. People simply learn as they go. However, science has an answer to almost every question. Over the last one year, smart heads found a number of interesting facts about marriage that can be very useful for any couple. Here are some of the most curious ones of them:
- Married couples who have equal housework chores have a greater chance to divorce – In August 2012, a group of scientists in Norway found that couples who separate their housework equally are twice as likely to split up. In addition, it was discovered that marriages in which women do all the housework last longer compared to those in which men take up these chores.
- Wives who are in good terms with their parents-in-law are more likely to divorce – Ladies, you may think that establishing a friendly and easygoing relationship with your in-laws will keep your family stronger for longer. Well, you are wrong. Those wives who are having no troubles with their husband’s parents, divorce 20% more. However, that is not the case with men who get along with their in-laws. But why is that so? Apparently, at one point, women start to see the friendly attitude of their hubbies’ mum and dad as interference in their personal life. Men, on the other hand, have no such problems.
- Women should avoid making proposals – Scientists from the University of California discovered that men prefer to be the one to pop the question. That was also the case with those who were found to be more liberal than the usual.
- Married couples have a bigger chance to be employed – In France, it was discovered that nearly 95% of the people aged 30 to 54 who are married have a job. In comparison, less than 80% of the single men and women were employed.
- Hearth-surgery patients who are married have a bigger chance to survive – Married people who underwent a heart surgery have a better survival rate than those who are single. Moreover, researchers claim that the happier and the stronger the marriage is, the higher the survival rate will be. Scientists believe that this is due to the solid support that comes from the patient’s partner.
Although there is no recipe for happy marriage, you can try using these findings to make your bond with your spouse or partner stronger.